The below text is a reprint of information sent via email by the Texas Education Agency.
U.S. Department of Education and the National Center for Homeless Education
Hosting Webinar Tomorrow @ 1:00 – 2:30 pm CST
Webinar Title: Helping Families and Schools Recover in the Aftermath of Hurricane Harvey
Date/Time: Thursday, Sep 7, 2017 1:00-2:30 PM Central Time (please adjust for your time zone)
Registration Link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7509000697785127682
Description: In this webinar, federal- and state-level presenters will provide an overview of key supports available to schools, and to families through schools, in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. Topics include:
- Context: What should I expect now that the storm has passed?
- Support: What educational rights and supports are available for students made homeless as a result of Hurricane Harvey?
- Strategies: What next steps can I take to help families and schools recover?
- Federal resources: Where can I go for more information?
- Amy Banks, U.S. Department of Education
- Christina Dukes, National Center for Homeless Education
- Kelly Kravitz, Texas Education Agency
- Jeanne Stamp, Texas Homeless Education Office
- Tasha Anthony, Louisiana Department of Education